Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's been awhile...

So many things have happened since I last posted, so I'm going to try to be brief. My dad and his wife Freda came up from VA for the 4th of July. It was so fun to have them here! And so useful! My dad mowed my lawn while he was here and got us a new mower blade. Thanks dad! We invited our friends the Klavans over for a bbq on the 4th, and then most of us went to Clifton Park to watch the fireworks.



Group shot taken by Jason.



Rachel and Abigail.

Ayden (no he doesn't have a lazy eye, it's just the pic!)






Jason and Buttons (obviously). Buttons was much better this time my dad and Freda visited. She didn't shake all the time and she let them pet her (briefly).







Freda eyeing the food.

Abby getting a diaper change so she can enjoy the fireworks.





Ayden in his frog chair waiting for the fireworks to start.



Later in the month, we went up to Palmyra to watch the Hill Cumorah Pageant. We met up with my Uncle Dan and aunt Cindy, and their daughter Heather, and my aunt Naida and her daughter Lisa. It was so much fun to meet them there and see them again. I hadn't seen any of them since I moved to NY, and even a while before that. We had perfect weather, and I wish we could've spent more than just a day with them.

We went to the Visitor's Center before the pageant, and went on a brief tour.





Danny and Cindy and I. I pointed out that they were both wearing green, and we realized that after being married awhile, you do start to dress alike...


Lisa, Naida, me, Cindy, Dan, and Heather.



I was so glad Jason could finally meet them and they, him. It was a lot of fun.



Here are some pics from our garden. I'm still waiting for the big harvest, but we've been getting little bits here and there.

Out of focus peas, and...



beans. Apparently, my veggies have a hard time staying focused. :)




And finally, our Primary had an activity at a rec center last week, and I was in charge. Jason couldn't come, and neither could Rachel's husband Justin, so I helped her with her kids. We had so much fun! There was a lazy river, a water slide, a lap pool, and lots of fountains and things for the kids to play in.


The big, yellow bucket and the colored cones all fill up with water and then dump out randomly. If you're not watching, you'll dumped on as you walk under them.


Well, not as brief as I thought, but not bad!




No comments: